***Update – our Class of 2018 Senior models have been chosen
We have an exciting opportunity for you soon-to-be High school Senior ladies! Every year we have what we call the J&A Photo Senior Model Program that allows us to promote business while working with fun people and exploring out creativity in our photography! Last year, rather than doing the typical Senior photo shoots, we chose to do something a bit different and creative. To view more photos of our lovely models from last year for our vintage Hollywood glam inspired shoot make sure to check out this blog post. It was our first time doing a shoot like this for our Senior Models and I must say we’re pretty excited to roll out this year’s photo shoot idea!
Tell me more about becoming a J&A Photo senior model
A Senior Model is someone who LOVES to have their photo taken. Someone who is looking for something unique and once in a lifetime. Someone who is fun, outgoing, loves having a good time and loves telling their friends about it. And of course, someone who is going to promote J&A Photography to all their friends and classmates. Our hopes are that once your friends see what we can do, they are going to come to us for their senior pictures. Though we would love to take everyone who applies, only one or two students from each local high school are selected to be Senior Models for J&A Photography. It’s not that we don’t love you if you are not chosen, it’s that it is so so incredibly tough to choose and we’re looking for applicants who we think will also give us a good return in promoting our business.
This Year’s Theme!
With Beauty and The Beast in theaters, and other live action Disney films in the works, we thought it would be fun to play on the fairytale princess theme as well! Maybe it’s just the inner me wanting to be a princess for a day, but who wouldn’t want to treated like a princess!? With hair, make-up, and wardrobe provided along with time in front of the camera, you’ll at least feel pampered like one.
Now as I mentioned, wardrobe will be provided, but let me first say we are not going for Halloween costume style princess clothing. Nor are we trying to do exact authentic replicas of gowns, but rather think of this as more of a natural and artistic approach with a hint of who each specific princess will be personified. What princesses will we want to portray? Of course, we would love to represent the classic princesses like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, or Snow White, but it really will depend on the applicants that we chose. You may inspire us!
To help better explain our vision, I recently did fun little photo shoot with our daughter, Emelia, which in turn helped inspire me to the direction of this theme. A little bohemian in styling, natural, soft, glowing look is what I want to incorporate into our take on the princess theme. Of course, Miss Emelia is not portraying a princess…well, a Disney princess, (she’ll always be our little princess). But this may help explain the FEEL of the photos that we want to capture.
What are we asking you to do if chosen to be a Senior Model?
- Allow our creative control during the photo shoot and planning process. (I know, I know, not everyone can be Cinderella, but please remember this is a fun opportunity and FREE. Please no divas!) 😉
- Talk to you friends about your fun and amazing experience with us!
- Share your beautiful photos!
- Tag friends in photos who plan on getting Senior photos done and you know would enjoy working with us! (You know…people who LIKE to have their photo taken). 😉
What are we NOT asking you to do if chosen to be a Senior Model?
- Talk about any specifics about our sessions, like how long they last, pricing, anything like that.
- Set up appointments for us.
- Sell our products.
What are the perks of being a Senior Model?
- An amazing, stylized photo shoot all for your own! (To keep things less crazy this year, we won’t be be doing all of our photography for each model in one day.
- You’ll be treated to professional hair and makeup, as well as themed wardrobe provided by our team of experts. Sit back, relax, and be the princess for the day!
- You’ll receive digital images for sharing your experience on all your favorite social media.
- The option to purchase some amazing exclusive products created just for our models.
- If you decide to book your regular senior session with us, you’ll receive 15% off your package order.
- Every booked session we complete, with someone who you referred to us, equals CASH to you!!!
- each booked session = $20
- after 10 booked sessions = $50 bonus
- after 20+ booked sessions = $150 bonus
What helps your chances of becoming a Senior Model?
- Establishing a strong desire to work with us and share your experience!
- Having a flexible schedule!
- Being outgoing and able to present yourself respectfully on social media! (If you use a lot profanity or share racy photos, that doesn’t correlate with how we use social media for our business.)
- Having a social media presence. (Do you share/post often?)
Sounds good to me! How do I apply?
Lets get started! Fill out the application below. Be sure to have a picture handy, we require that!
That’s it! We’ll take a look at the info you’ve sent us and if we choose you, we’ll be in touch. We’ll choose all our senior models no later than April 5. Thanks and good luck!!!