PLANNING & TIPS
We strive to offer the best senior portraits in State College, PA and hopefully that’s why you’ve chosen J&A! The right planning – wardrobe, accessories, props, hair and makeup make all the difference. But have no fear, we’ve got your back! Included in every session we shoot is an in-person consult to help get you started and guide you through the process.
Below are a few tips we’ve come up with to help you make the most of your experience:
- Solids and subtle patterns tend to photograph better than heavily patterned or striped clothing.
- Large, funky patterns or graphics can be fun for something different but not for every shot. And no text or large logos please!
- Bring a variety of colors to choose from.
- Bring some dressy and some casual outfits.
- Plan the whole outfit, don’t forget the shoes!
- Bring some black clothing for black & white shots.
- Most glasses glare. Try removing the lenses from the frames or check with your optomitrist to see if they can loan you an empty set of similar frames for your session.
- We retouch blemishes so don’t worry about breakouts!
- Bring props! Sporting equipment, dance outfits and musical instruments are all popular options that tell others something about you.
- Parents are, of course, welcome at the session but they can become a distraction and we highly prefer to work one-on-one with each senior.