Senior Portrait Sessions
PLANNING & TIPS
We strive to offer the best senior portraits in State College, PA and hopefully that’s why you’ve chosen J&A! The right planning – wardrobe, accessories, props, hair and makeup make all the difference. If you are poorly prepared or bring the wrong clothing we cannot make your session all that it can be. We highly recommend a phone consultation to discuss your style and plan your session.
Below are a few tips we’ve come up with to help you make the most of your experience:
- Solids and subtle patterns tend to photograph better than heavily patterned or striped clothing. Large, funky patterns or graphics can be fun for something different but not for every shot. And no text or large logos please!
- Bring a variety of colors to choose from.
- Bring some dressy and some casual outfits.
- Plan the whole outfit, don’t forget the shoes!
- Bring some black clothing for black & white shots.
- Most glasses glare. Try removing the lenses from the frames or check with your optomitrist to see if they can loan you an empty set of similar frames for your session.
- We retouch blemishes so don’t worry about breakouts!
- Bring props! Sporting equipment, dance outfits and musical instruments are all popular options that tell others something about you.
- Parents are, of course, welcome at the session but they can become a distraction and we highly prefer to work one-on-one with each senior.
Shortly after your session (sometimes as soon as a few days!) your preview images will be available to view online in a secure, password protected gallery.
A proof magazine is also available for $40 if requested. As soon as the images are posted online you are able to order prints and products! Simply give us a call to set up an ordering session or to give your order over the phone.
“Just the Basics” Session $50
- 1 or 2 outfits, 30 minutes in studio
- Perfect for those who just want a great yearbook photo without all the frills
Studio Session $85
- 2-3 outfits, 1 hour in the studio
- A more involved studio session with multiple looks
Location Session $125
- 2-3 outfits, at the location of your choosing
- 1.5 hours
The “Portfolio” Session $155
- 4-5 outfits, studio and location
- 30 minute studio, 1 hr location
- By far our most popular session option!!!
Larger and custom sizes are available. We also have a great variety of specialty wall portrait products such as canvas gallery wraps and metal prints. For info about our favorites – custom Photobooks, brag books, cards, DVD slideshows and more, please visit our custom products page.
Digital files start at $250/session or $25/each.